Relocation is a headache! Local Idaho Falls home sellers call us or submit their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Idaho Falls“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a lot of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Idaho Falls Idaho right now!).
There are a lot of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
You don’t want to end up in a situation where you are paying two mortgages, two sets of utilities, two sets of property tax, and maintaining a vacant home. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is hot right now in Idaho Falls, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Idaho Falls Idaho house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Idaho Falls… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth in its current condition: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Specifically let them know “I’m relocating and need to sell my house fast in Idaho Falls” and tell them about your timeline. Bear in mind that a lot of inexperienced realtors will tell you they can sell your house for top dollar just to get the listing, only to have the house sit on the market for months. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. In addition, find out what the average days on market(DOM) are for a home like yours at this time of year. The Idaho Falls real estate market fluctuates seasonally and homes can be much harder to sell in the winter months. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market and the current average DOM, you will have a much better idea of what your traditional sales process might look like.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Get the ball rolling early so you don’t waste any time. Every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you money. If you don’t know a good realtor, Zillow’s agent finder can be a helpful resource. The key is to find a realtor who sells a lot of homes in your area! Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Try to get your home under contract before you start packing: When you show your home to a prospective buyer, you want it to look its best. But if your house is cluttered with half packed boxes it will not show well and you may have a hard time finding a buyer. This particularly true if your buyer is an end user shopping for their new home. These buyers want to feel an emotional connection to the property and can often have a hard time seeing through the clutter. As professional real estate investors, we can see the potential of your home even if its not looking its best.
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. But many people forget to factor in the cost of holding a house in the meantime until it sells. These costs include the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Lets say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent).Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that?Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Idaho Falls Idaho agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Brady Buys Houses And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Idaho Falls?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Idaho Falls home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Don’t want to make repairs or renovations
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Idaho Falls community.
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Idaho Falls real estate, so please feel free to call us at (208) 298-5422 and chat with us anytime.